A: Look for us everywhere from fine dining to fast food. 90% of our locations are restaurants, delis, coffee houses, etc. Everywhere people grab a bite to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee. The remaining 10% are distributed to places were people are known to wait. Such as car washes, oil and lube changes and doctors offices. We currently deliver to 650 locationc, targeting 60,000 weekly readers in Salisbury, Concord, Kannapolis, and Statesville, Mooresville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville.
A: You cannot currently subscribe to Coffee News. It is a free publication distributed primarily at restaurants, or any other place where you might have some time to read while waiting.
A: New issues are distributed weekly to restaurants, delis, coffeehouses, etc. Its purpose is to provide POSITIVE, ENJOYABLE reading to those waiting for their meals (seen by a high number of readers 3 meals a day!) or relaxing over a cup of coffee. With Coffee News, there is no BAD news – only trivia, fun facts, local events, and other fun things that draw attention (like the chance to win cash each month). To see the locations where you can pick up a copy of Coffee News, visit the Distribution area of this web site.
A: Each week, we hide the small “Coffee News Guy” in one of the ads. We hold a drawing and have a monthly prize winner. This has proven to be a very popular contest around the world. This contest is great for our advertisers as well, as it encourages our readers to look through all of the ads in order to Find the Little Man!
A: Coffee News was originally researched and founded by Jean Daum in Winnipeg, Canada in 1988. It has grown to over 1100 locations in 22 countries worldwide!
A: Our first Coffee News edition was published February 28, 2006.
Q: Can restaurants advertise in Coffee News?
A: No. As a courtesy to all our restaurant and coffee shop clients in the Piedmont area, we offer the protection that no business in the
restaurant industry will be allowed to advertise in Coffee News. Although most restaurants would love to have an ad, they are disallowed
automatically. The reason — a Burger King ad in Coffee News, for example, would have every McDonald’s refusing to carry Coffee News.
No restaurant would welcome their competitor’s efforts to take away their customers right inside their own premises, so they would
naturally kick them out — and Coffee News too. We do offer restaurants carrying Coffee News a free location listing on our web site showing our readers where they can pick up a free copy of Coffee News.
Q: How much is an ad?
A: Ads in Coffee News are less expensive than other print media, so the small business person can easily afford to advertise. You can advertise in Coffee News for as little as the cost of a cup of coffee per day! So unless another company in your “category” of business is already
advertising in the edition, it is open to you. Remember all ads in Coffee News are EXCLUSIVES, meaning we only allow one type of business
in each edition, allowing our advertisers to LOCK OUT their competition – unlike any other publication in town!
A: A good ad is like a seed for a fruit tree. Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. What size harvests do you want to see?
For more, read about “the benefits” of advertising in our Coffee News article, Repetition!.
A: We offer you a lot of flexibility in how you choose to pay for your ad. You may pay for the ad by cash, check, autodraft, or Visa/Mastercard. We offer a monthly Direct Debit plan. A 10% discount is offered for 12 month prepayment, and a 5% discount is offered for 6 month prepayment.
A: NO… NO…We’ll work with you to create one. Ad Production fee runs $35 with no charge for changes.
A: Yes, you can. There is never a charge for minor ad changes, which may be emailed or phoned in.